14 pages about "Tools 🛠"
Docker Machine driver for Scaleway
We just released the Docker Machine driver for Scaleway; You can now use Machine to create Docker hosts on Scaleway servers.
This tool comes as an alternative method of provisionning Docker engines on Scaleway and won’t replace the Docker Instant-App.
Using Docker-Machine, it is now very easy to create a Swarm cluster in minutes: start-swarm-cluster.sh script (output).
It is now easy to manage a Swarm cluster of hybrid servers (x86_64 + armhf).
It is also very convenient to use a Swarm cluster composed of Raspberry PI using the Hypriot OS and Scaleway servers together.
docker-diff is a mini tool to quickly compare the contents of two Docker images.
$ ./docker-diff alpine:3.2 alpine:3.3 7,8c7 < ---s--x--x 9944 bin/bbsuid < -rwxr-xr-x 800936 bin/busybox --- > -rwxr-xr-x 809128 bin/busybox 63d61 < lrwxrwxrwx 0 bin/rc-status 82d79 < -rwxr-xr-x 9872 bin/uniso 92,94d88 < drwxr-xr-x 0 etc/acpi/ < drwxr-xr-x 0 etc/acpi/PWRF/ < -rwxr-xr-x 19 etc/acpi/PWRF/00000080 105,106c99,100 < -rw-r--r-- 45 etc/apk/repositories < -rw-r--r-- 12 etc/apk/world --- > -rw-r--r-- 95 etc/apk/repositories > -rw-r--r-- 51 etc/apk/world 108,129d101 < -rw-r--r-- 328 etc/conf.d/bootmisc < -rw-r--r-- 876 etc/conf.d/consolefont < -rw-r--r-- 55 etc/conf.d/cron < -rw-r--r-- 348 etc/conf.d/devfs < -rw-r--r-- 117 etc/conf.d/dmesg < -rw-r--r-- 1402 etc/conf.d/fsck < -rw-r--r-- 59 etc/conf.d/hostname < -rw-r--r-- 857 etc/conf.d/hwclock < -rw-r--r-- 911 etc/conf.d/keymaps [...]
Docker + multiarch = 💖
Docker + multiarch = <3
Recently, I started the multiarch organization on GitHub.
Multiarch aims to provide
1. Docker images builds of Linux distributions for multiple architecture
full list on multiarch on Docker hub.
- more incoming…
2. tools around multiarch
- multiarch/docker-goxc: a ready-to-use goxc in Docker, build GO projects for multiple architectures from an x86_64 host
- multiarch/true: minimalist Docker images for multiarch, ideal for testing runtime
- multiarch/qemu-user-static: qemu-user-static Docker images for all architectures + a register special image that helps to configure the Kernel binfmt support
- multiarch/crossbuild: multiarch cross compiling environments, cross-build C/C++ programs using Docker from an x86_64 host
3. Proof-of-concept around experimental multiarch support in Dockefile
- multiarch/dockerfile: Tryout to build multiarch images using one Dockerfile
Today, I released the first version of iocat.
iocat can be used to debug your websocket and socket.io applications from your command-line interface.
It’s an equivalent of netcat, and can act as client or server.