42 pages about "Current Status / Slices of Life"
Today, the Stelau team and I will organise a cryptography workshop at 42
We will progressively go from the basics of cryptography to dumping, analyzing and cloning our passports; and creating fake ones
- 28 katas
- 4 speakers
- 80 students
- 5 hours
Sonic le hérisson à la piscine
En 50 avant jésus-christ… Sonic le hérisson a peur de tout, ses parents sont les plus gentils du monde. Jordy le colibri était un aventurier, sa passion est de manger des pommes. Il y avait Mireille l’abeille, son matelas est moelleux. Pour Potam l’hippopotame, une bonne journée se passe avec des amis, son repas favoris est la pizza. Et il eut son poid en pomme.
Les fabuleuses aventures de Victor le tyranosaure
Il était une fois… dans un monde fabuleux… Victor le tyranosaure avait beaucoup d’amis, son repas préféré est le gouter. Pour Denver le dernier dinosaure, une bonne journée se passe avec des amis, ses parents sont les plus gentils du monde. Potam l’hippopotame n’a peur de rien, son repas favoris est la pizza. Il y avait Sophie la girafe, son plus grand rève est d’aller voir un film au cinéma. Et ils vécurent heureux et eurent beaucoup d’enfants.
noc.42.fr will be the new buildings around the 42 school in Paris that will complete the offer from the school with beds and other living services to make 42 more like a campus.
As opposite to most school campuses, this one will be located in multiple areas of the same block; some services will be available to neighbors (non-students); NOC is for « not a campus »
The theme of the hackathon was to hack this project while it’s still a project on paper and while it’s still possible to challenge and adapt some architectural choices.
The rule was to propose a project that preserve or enforce the culture of 42 (encourage collaboration between students and neighbors, improve the ecology score, provide new services to students, help local NGOs, using the technology)
Some of the projects:
- a local coin that allows to gain coins by helping partners (help partner NGO, help the school) — very nice project, sadly not using a blockchain
- an IOT platform to automate every part of the new buildings, and available to all students
- an app that help people to find teammates to share a lunch, a.k.a. « Peer-Cooking », this project allows students to eat healthy for a lower price, to meet new students for a nice moment; this project is also a solution to allow more people to cook with less kitchen area, less energy consuming, etc
- a wiki, some rules to constitute a community, and a system of flight cases with theme-specific tools inside. This modular system allows to create workshops on-the-fly for students, neighbors, NGOs, and other schools; with an optimized storing system and cost optimizations by increasing the sharing rate
- and a lot of other IOTs or apps projects that were focused on addressing a specific topic
QOTD: « I’m convinced that a lot of new paradigms, new ecosystems, and new technologies will be bring to the public thanks to the artists and to the art in general », @zooma, speaking about the blockchain
The brainstorm focuses are: - on-premise / cloud-based / hybrid - boundaries / responsibilities / split of the projects, products, and team scopes - rules, metrics and workflow - big-milestones roadmap
« The big point about a company organization is to get faster »
« The big point of a product (in a tribe mode company) is to get faster and give autonomy and power to the team »
« The big point of a PO is to make sure the cash invested has an high impact »
« The big point of a lead dev is to ensure that we don’t cut the corners (a.k.a. that we are future-proof) »
« Impact is all that matters »