1 page about "git"
A blockchain that works over Git.
Git already supports:
- cryptography signatures (
git commit -S)
- multi approver signatures (
git commit --signoff)
It’s technically possible to port the consensus workflow using basic git commands.
By adding a CI/CD bot/script, it becomes possible to have an equivalent of smart-contracts that only allows people to open pull-requests while having a robot to make the merges.
Finally, we can find about having a proof-of-stakes approach based on git contributions or something more centralized as a
.forgers.txt file that defines allowed forgers.
Find other parts of what makes a blockchain:
- how-to define/allow/deny a node to be a forger in a distributed way
- create a small utility that makes the git commands automatically
- automatically generates with the CI/CD a static blockchain explorer
No idea yet.
It can be used as a pedagogical support to learn how the blockchain works.