14 pages about "Blockchain"
A blockchain that works over Git.
Git already supports:
- cryptography signatures (
git commit -S)
- multi approver signatures (
git commit --signoff)
It’s technically possible to port the consensus workflow using basic git commands.
By adding a CI/CD bot/script, it becomes possible to have an equivalent of smart-contracts that only allows people to open pull-requests while having a robot to make the merges.
Finally, we can find about having a proof-of-stakes approach based on git contributions or something more centralized as a
.forgers.txt file that defines allowed forgers.
Find other parts of what makes a blockchain:
- how-to define/allow/deny a node to be a forger in a distributed way
- create a small utility that makes the git commands automatically
- automatically generates with the CI/CD a static blockchain explorer
No idea yet.
It can be used as a pedagogical support to learn how the blockchain works.
Few days ago, I organised and hosted a Hackathon at Berty.
Two days of code and startup-design with friends, a new network, new opportunities, new ideas, and a lot of fun.
- Berty (me)
- Osmose (Zooma & Zaraki)
- La suite du monde (Adrien)
- Busy (Ekitcho)
- Independants (Loup, Norman)
- Projects presentations
- Discuss about “how to work together”
- Focus on code
What we’ve done
- Meet people
- New friends
- New colleagues ? :)
- Refactor if the web radio of Osmose / La suite du monde
- Using with Liquidsoap, Docker, Icecast, Golang
- Plan to plug it with Discord / Telegram to interact with users
- Automate “La suite du monde” processes (onboarding, federation, delegation, scouting, etc…)
- With Airtable, Zapier, custom scripts
- Leboncoin / Seloger scraping with Scrapy (Python)
- Discussions about Blockchain
- General discussions to raise the knowledge of everyone
- Main net / Test net / Token Economy
- Features planning
- Blockchain-based project architectures
- DPOS strategy for Berty
- La suite du monde strategy
- Osmose strategy
- Busy strategy
- Blockchains comparisons
- Architecture of an event ticketing & wallet system based on the blockchain
- Blobby Volley, Jackbox
- Nom nom nom
- IRL Cryptography/Steganography game (fake telepathy)
Merge the concepts of
- “Connected Blockchains” (see https://cosmos.network for a good example)
- Autonomous networks that support split & merge
To obtain a way of creating a temporary blockchain in an autonomous network that can exists over mesh network (bluetooth, isolated networks, isolated countries, etc).
- Determine the best consensus rules that allows a smaller network to “take decisions”
- Offer the option to automatically convert the temporary coin to a permanent coin as soon as networks are merged
- Create a temporary blockchain for a music festival, allow people to convert their existing permanent coins to the temporary money, lose internet during the event, and then translate-back the unused temporary coins